Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to the Stepter Family blog! I've been meaning to start a blog since Griffen was born but amidst getting used to a newborn, going back to work and just life in general it hasn't quite happened. Now that he's 8 months old, I figured now would be as good of a time as any. I hope to keep track of the ups and downs of life so that our family can always look back at the goodness of God as He guides us daily.

This is my first official week home as a full time stay at home mom. I can't tell you how many people have asked me this week "Has it hit you that you're staying home and not going back to teaching?" I keep feeling like everyone knows something that I don't, like maybe I should be prepared for some great epiphany that I'm not going back to work. To be honest, the transition has gone relatively smooth. Scott has been such an encouragement everyday to check on me and see how I'm feeling. There has only been one meltdown recently which I don't think is too bad. It had been a rough, slow day here at home and all I could think about was the hustle and bustle of the first week of school approaching that I became sad that I wasn't a part of it. Then I quickly look at our little man and realize what a blessing this is to be able to see him grow and change everyday and my tears quickly dried up.

I'm off to finish cleaning and to listen to the sweet peace of a baby sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment