Here is the table before. Pretty basic with just a clear varnish on it. I painted it the chocolate brown that is on Griffen's wall.
I used cardstock to cut out the alphabet using my cricut. A friend told me she uses contat paper to cut stencils, but I wasn't that brave. Then I just used the letters like stencils and painted them in. I chose the avocado green that we used in the nursery to paint the letters.
Next, I did the same thing with the numbers and it was finished....I still want to distress it a bit and varnish it. I was very pleased with how it turned out....I have 2 chairs that go with the table but I probably won't redo those till the fall when we are in a house.