Friday, March 2, 2012

Christmas 2011

Christmas 2011 was filled with so much love, laughter, tears and sweet memories. It was hard, don't get me wrong. All I had to do was look at our mantle and see what our family of four should have looked like this Christmas. But that wasn't our reality. I tried not to dwell on what "should have" been. Instead I looked around at my sweet 2 year old and loving husband and thanked God for the gifts we have been blessed with.


The weather was beautiful throughout the holiday season, so with Scott home we made lots of trips to the park.


Our family made a trip to the Gaylord Texan to see the train exhibit and to ride the indoor snow hillls. It was such a fun day. We were so blessed to have Brandon, aka Uncle B, come visit this Christmas so we had  filled our time with as many fun adventures as possible.


Our first Christmas celebration was at my aunt and uncle's house. We are so excited to have them back in the DFW area and not in Florida anymore. I loved looking around and seeing all my cousins, their families, and my family all enjoying the day and celebrating the gifts God has blessed us with. 



Before we headed to my parents for Christmas, Scott and I had our traditional gift exchange at our house. This was our fourth year to go to Target for our gifts. We set a $20 limit and a time limit and then see what all goodies we can give each other. Definitely have to get creative on the budget and time limit.


No comments:

Post a Comment