Thursday, September 9, 2010

My New Reality

I was thinking today..."What does my new reality of being a stay at home mom consist of?"

For starters, it no longer consists of having to get up at 5:30 am to hurry and get ready so I can get my baby up at 6:15 so I can be out the door at 7:00. It does not mean having to turn Griffen over to someone else everyday. It does not mean having to miss out on all the little smiles and slobbery kisses throughout the day from my little man.

What it does consist of is lots of peace knowing that God has given me this opportunity for this year (who knows how long financially we can do this) to enjoy every minute I have with our sweet baby. It means that I get to make dinner for our family and enjoy time together at night with Scott without having to run around and get things ready for school. It means that I get to read a book just for the sake of enjoyment, not the latest book study at school. It means I get to spend time with friends during the day and just lean on each other about the ups and downs of being a mom. It means that Griffen and I get to take random trips Target and Hobby Lobby for no reason at all. It means that I get to cuddle him and read "Brown Bear" as many times as we want throughout the day.----I want to cherish every moment that I have this year because I know so many that don't have this opportunity. I want to savor the little things about each day.

No, I'm not saying it's "puppy dogs and rainbows" everyday. Yes, there are the days that if I have to change another diaper or clean up one more mess I'll scream. But I know that, without any doubt, God has given me this time to rest in Him this year and see where He wants to lead me and our family. So for today, I choose to rest in Him knowing that He can provide all I need.
Besides, who could resist this face everyday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment