Friday, December 17, 2010

It's a GIRL!!

Scott and I were so excited to find out Monday, December 13th that we are expecting a girl! We were so blessed to find out that our little one is growing and developing healthy inside of me....We have chosen to name  her Lila Elizabeth. Lila is a name that I fell in love with a few years ago and Scott, thankfully, liked it too. Elizabeth was my grandmother's middle name. Definitely a woman that I can't wait to tell Lila about.

On Sunday night, we put a pink and a blue balloon in front of Griffen to get his "prediction" as to what the sex of the baby would be. It was so funny because he initially went for the blue one and then quickly passed it up for the pink one. He then proceeded to chase the pink balloon around all night, already being a big brother.

During the sonogram, it was such a relief and blessing to hear Dr. Wood go through the list of things she was looking for on the baby and to hear that the baby was right on track in every area. When we got to the part of finding out the sex, it was pretty much icing on the cake....I had been thinking the baby was a girl but was sure that it was just wishful thinking on my part. Not that I wouldn't have been totally excited about a brother for Griffen, I was just really hoping for a girl....We are looking forward to meeting our little one at the end of April with a scheduled c-section. We are continuing to pray for a healthy next 20ish weeks and for a smooth delivery.

1 comment: